Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I Almost Rule

I guess 3rd place isn't too bad of a score.

I just got through playing a $10+1 on FCP. I played a very solid tourney and got lucky in a couple key places...something that of course needs to happen in order to go deep in any tourney. The most memorable was when the button raised my BB and I had A2s and decided that I could get her to fold by raising all-in. I probably could have if he was on the steal I put him on. He instead called and flipped up QQ and I sucked out to accumulate a nice mess of chips. From there I played good solid poker, and made it to the final table 2nd in chips. Unfortunately, I drew a bad seat at the Final Table with the Chipleader directly to my left.

At the final table I couldn't seem to get much of anything going. The most memorable hand was when I raised in EP with AQo and the SB went all-in for about 1500 more. Of course I had to call, but he had KK and there was nothing I could do about it. I played that hand fine though, just didn't catch the breaks I needed to and finally busted out 3rd when I was shortstacked and pushed on the button with K8, the BB called with KQ and that was all she wrote. I took home $373 for my efforst though, which is a pretty good score and my biggest since I won the tourney on FullTilt a couple months ago.

I also had a semi-successful session of 1/2 6-max today. I won money overall, but I'm not sure I played all that great. I think part of it is that I may be pushing too hard after the flop when I raise pre-flop and don't hit. I seem to find myself reverse-dominated an awful lot in 6-max, so I guess I need to work on not being too over-aggressive. I have gotten to where I'm at a little over 3 BB/100 over a few more than 1k hands of 1/2 six, so hopefully I'm on the right track there.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you must be feeling pretty good about yourself after you score. don't! you're still a a loser kidding himself. all this win will do is give you false hope for another 3 months.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger andy said…

    wow all ure posts are long.

    funniest part has to be the anonymous guy posting comments. he cracks me up.

    wd on ure cash, although scrolling through a few of the posts are you actually beating the game? I didnt bother looking too closely, just all the posts seem to start with 'i hate variance'

    anyway gl hf etc etc


    andy

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger TheCinciKid said…

    Yes, I am beating the game. For some reason, I often tend to post more often when I want to bitch than any other time. I don't win much from Tournaments overall, though I am a long-term winner in them. But a lot of my posts are tournament summaries from tournaments I've failed to cash in. I don't cash often, but when I do I usually go deep, which makes me a winner overall so far.

    Most of my money is actually made from cash games, which are harder to blog about. Maybe I'll make more of an effort to talk about cash games in here as well.

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    loser!!!!!!!!!!!1

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma