Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

7-card Stud

I played a couple hundred hands of 2/4 tonight and made about $120 bucks. So, I'm feeling a little better about my limit game. I've found that it seems like my optimum number of tables is two, with something else going at the same time. I might be able to handle 3 as well, but I seem to do best when I'm only playing 1 or 2 at a time. Maybe I'm concentrating better.

At any rate, I also played a 7-stud MTT on FullTilt tonight for $10 and it had 291 players including, Andy Bloch, Chris Ferguson, Jennifer Harman and David Oppenheim. I busted out in 50th after making a couple of questionable plays in the late going. I felt like I played a very good Tight/Aggressive tourney the whole way and mainly probably didn't get lucky when I needed to. On my last hand I started with 3JJ and my only opponent started with QJ8. For one, I can't believe he played that ridiculous hand, but he did draw out on me on 4th street and I just didn't feel like I really had enough chips left to lay it down, as I probably wasn't all that big of a dog. Thing is, I'm really not sure whether I should have laid it down or not, as he check/raised me and the laydown would have left me with only 1800 with the stakes at 400/800 and the ante at either 75 or 100, I would have had to make a stand soon anyway. I think that's what sucks the most about it for me. I'm not sure what the right play way. I really want to learn and get better at 7-stud now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma