Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

TPGHM Part II

Sitting in another hotel room tonight after 8 hours of driving. I managed over 500 miles today, so I'm pretty happy about that, but also rather tired. I was 4-tabling for a while with one donkament, two .5/1 tables and one .25/.50 table (all full-ring) and then I realized I was really tired and not concentrating optimally, so I quit after about 150 hands. I did book a small win mostly because I made 18 BB on one of my .5/1 tables (lost on the other two, but won a few bucks overall). I lost another hand with AA in a comical fashion, making me now 1 for 6 with big pairs in the last two nights. This time a guy peeled a 567 flop against with with J9s (no flush draw), raised me when a 9 came on the turn, then made two pair on the river...I could literally do nothing but laugh. It was just too comical.

I didn't really get any cards in the donkament (just a $3.30 doublestack turbo to get my fix in a little bit). BTW, I haven't cashed in a tournament in about a month, it's sick how bad I've been running in big coinflips or all-in hands where I'm ahead. No cards really until the following hand, six-outered on the river. Awesome.


Full Tilt Poker Game #9618443617: $3 + $0.30 Tournament (73204335), Table 34 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:30:27 ET - 2008/12/21
Seat 1: ALLANWILKI (10,695)
Seat 2: CinciKid22 (2,610)
Seat 3: kay123us (3,030)
Seat 4: Cptcrap (6,630)
Seat 5: new4me (2,785)
Seat 7: Hoemkes (3,175)
Seat 8: IIIVEIII (2,115)
Seat 9: Hot Rod Robert (7,225)
Hoemkes posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CinciKid22 [Ah Jd]
IIIVEIII folds
Hot Rod Robert folds
ALLANWILKI folds
CinciKid22 raises to 480
kay123us has 15 seconds left to act
kay123us folds
Cptcrap calls 480 (I'm okay with this given his AQo, but I think he should probably fold or re-raise...smooth calling is bad IMO)
new4me folds
Hoemkes folds
*** FLOP *** [Jh 5d Th]
CinciKid22 bets 640
Cptcrap has 15 seconds left to act
Cptcrap calls 640 (WHY?, bad call IMO)
*** TURN *** [Jh 5d Th] [8h]
CinciKid22 bets 1,490, and is all in
Cptcrap calls 1,490
CinciKid22 shows [Ah Jd]
Cptcrap shows [As Qh]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 5d Th 8h] [Qc] (This is how the poker gods decided to do me tonight...fun stuff)
CinciKid22 shows a pair of Jacks
Cptcrap shows a pair of Queens
Cptcrap wins the pot (5,380) with a pair of Queens
CinciKid22 stands up
The blinds are now 100/200
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,380 Rake 0
Board: [Jh 5d Th 8h Qc]
Seat 1: ALLANWILKI didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: CinciKid22 showed [Ah Jd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 3: kay123us didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Cptcrap showed [As Qh] and won (5,380) with a pair of Queens
Seat 5: new4me (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Hoemkes (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: IIIVEIII didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Hot Rod Robert didn't bet (folded)

Bolded commentary is pretty much just for fun. FWIW, I want him to play his hand this way. Anytime I can get all-in with my opponent drawing that thin on the river, I'm happy.

*edit* nevermind, he had more outs than I thought...like 9 I think? Still not great I don't think, but probably thought he was even better off. I'm just tired, still think I should have won this hand, but whatever...I run bad when it counts in donkaments these days.

*double edit* Pokerstoved it. I'm 71% on the flop, 77% on the turn. Very okay with getting all my chips in here. Donkaments are just high variance...bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma