Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Disappointing and exhilarating both at the same time

I had a pretty good poker night tonight. I played $.5/$1 for a while and made about $20-$30, and I played in a $10+1 Satellite to the Million Dollar Guaranteed Tournament that is being played on Sat. I played a great tourney and only got sucked out on once early on. I consistently got my money in with the better hands, and got pretty lucky to hit a couple of very profitable sets; I even cracked Aces once when I raised pre-flop with TT, got called by one player and the flop came Txx, I check he bet and I raised all-in...he called with the Aces and the rest was history. Unfortunately, with about 5 people left I turned into a donkey. 7 places paid out, 3 for money and the top 4 got to go to the tourney on Sat. I got down the the final 5 with about the second most chips on the table and I started thinking that I may be better off just playing for the $220 that 5th paid than trying to get into the big tourney and probably end up not cashing. So, I made a couple of donkey plays and then I got disconnected. By the time I got back I was shortstacked and I pushed with AsJs only to have the small blind wake up with AK and knock me out. So, I got paid $220 for my efforts, which is the biggest cash prize I've won to date in a tourney, but I lost out an a real chance for a lot more than that. I think I may spend a little of that money on another qualifier or two if I get the chance tomorrow. Now that I came so close, I really want to play in this thing.

Current Bankroll:
Party: $1020
FullTilt: $118 (including that pesky satellite token I still haven't gotten the balls to use)
Total: $1138

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma