Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Suck at NLHE

I've lost a lot of confidence in my NLHE and SnG game over the past few days. Not only am I losing a lot lately, which is due partially to bad beats, I'm finding myself feeling lost and making really bad decisions a lot. I played a PL Tourney on FullTilt tonight and I felt like I was constantly making laydowns. I did make one good laydown, when I raised the Pot after there were several limpers and I picked up QQ in late position. The flop came Axx and I think there were three of us in there. I folded to a raise and an all-in, and the raiser turned over AQ, so I made the correct play there. I actually don't remember the hand I went out on, but I don't feel like I made all that bad of a play...I think I just got outdrawn. I played several SnGs and lost a lot, and constantly felt like I was making bad decisions. I'm finally starting to realize that I'm not nearly as good at NLHE as I thought I was and it has ceased to be fun for me. So, I'm gonna take a two week break from playing it at all. On FCP advice I'm gonna pick up Ed Miller's Getting Started in Hold'em, and read up on NL. I might also look over HOH again, though I just read it a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure how much it will have to contribute. But, the main thought is that I'm taking a break from NL for a little while to recharge my batteries and try to reassess my game a little bit.

Bankroll:
Too lazy to do the figures right now, but I only played on FT today and I'm down to something like $93 + my sat. token there, so I'd guess the total is around $1050 or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma