Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Awesome Session

I played about an hour and 45 mins. of 2/4 tonight when I got home. I was tired, so it was all I could really handle. I caught some big hands on some juicy tables. One hand I flopped 4 Jacks and ending up winning a pot of more than $70 against only 2 opponents. Then, I decided I was going to quit around 11:45 and while I was taking my free hands after deciding not to post anymore I caught a nice little rush and instead of ending the session +$140, I ended it +$245. Two-hundred forty five fucking dollars in less than 2 hours and only 290 hands. It was totally awesome. I feel very good about my 2/4 game right now. I've finally reached 2 BB/100, I'm actually at 2.3 BB/100 over about 9700 hands or so. I have the money to start playing 3/6, but I'm not sure if I'm going to play it yet. I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to take the time and effort to try to get good at 6-max. I don't enjoy that game, I don't really like the pace of it very well. I don't like the fact that I'm constantly in marginal situations. People say it's crucial to higher level play though, so I dunno, maybe I will get into it at some point.

For now though I think I might play 2/4 for a while longer and maybe incorporate in a little 3/6 full-ring and see how that goes. I can't say I have complete confidence in my winrate, since most of it is due to a huge rush over less than 4k hands, with my first 6k being a slight loss. I kinda feel like I need another 10k or so at 2/4 to find out where I really am. That could take a while, but it might be worth it in the long run. It would also give me the opportunity to take out some money and spend it on myself. I'm thinking about getting myself a video game system so that I can have another hobby. I also think I'm going to buy some books and try to get back into reading, which I used to do a lot of and kind of stopped doing for pleasure while I was in law school. Well, now that I've given up the law school thing maybe it's time to get back into reading. We'll see how it goes though. For now I'm just happy about a really good session tonight.

Bankroll - about $2650

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma