Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Poker-Free Zone

I don't know how long it's been since my last post, but I think it's at least a couple weeks. I really haven't played much poker in a while. My downswing in 6-max LHE pretty much zapped my desire to play that game and I really haven't felt like sitting down to the poker tables all that much lately.

The last 3 mornings though I've come home and cashed in a Turbo SnG on FullTilt. On the 9th and 10th I played $6.50's and placed 1st and 2nd respectively, this morning I played a $12 and took first for $49.50. That ran my FT account back up over $300 for the first time in a while . Unfortunately my Party account has dipped below $200 for the first time in ages. First from a session about a week ago where I decided to take the $300 I had left and try to run it up playing 5/10. After I got coolered a few times, the table broke and I had like $129 left, I went to 3/6 table and managed to get back up to $2o0 before I quit for that session. Unfortunately, I played a table of .5/1 6-max yesterday while I was playing my SnG on FT and I lost 13 BB in that game. It really is sick how bad I'm running right now in LHE.

I think I'm going to try to stick to the SnGs for a bit and maybe try some on Party to try to rebuild my roll on there a little bit. I've still got like $175 on Stars and $275 collecting dust on FCP, plus the almost $600 that I really need to get off of Neteller and into my savings account, but I just don't want to dig into that money to reload my Party account. I think I'm just going to play .5/1 and $10 SnGs on there until I manage to get it back up to a respectable amount. Surely my downswing can't last another 200 BB at .5/1 can it?

I've been playing the Turbo's on FullTilt as opposed to regular SnG's for a couple of reasons. First of all, I think the players in them are probably worse than in regular SnGs. Second, I personally, have most of my edge in NL from playing better starting hands than other people do and finding good times to steal blinds. I get plenty of opportunity to push that edge in Turbo's. I realize that the fact that the blinds go up so fast does make it more of a card catching contest than a regular SnG might be, which probably increases variance, but for now I'm alright with that b/c I don't want to spend long amounts of time playing cards.

I guess that's about all I have for today. I'm off work on Wed, so maybe I'll get a couple tourneys in then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma