Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Chip and A Chair...

...Well, 72 chips to be exact. That's what I was down to the other night in a tourney on FullTilt and I came roaring back to cash. With about 120 players left and blinds at 200/400 with a 50 ante I raised with AK, got one caller and open-pushed a flop of 779, unfortunately the pre-flop caller called my flop bet with 44 and had 72 chips less than me, so that's what I had left when I didn't hit anything on the turn or river. I won't get into the merits of my play or his, but I will say that I'm pretty damn excited that I turned my remaining 72 chips into an improbable cash. Like I said there were about 120 left and 72 players would cash and I had only 22 chips left after posting the ante. Of course I put it all in with whatever I had (can't really remember the exact hand now) and I managed to suck out and quadruple up to I think 280. I folded one hand and was down to 230, then got all-in for 180 (plus my ante of 50) with I think 86o. I more than doubled again and now I had almost 2k. Still very shortstacked, but not dead yet. I managed to double at least twice more by the bubble and ended up reaching the money bubble with a slightly below average stack of abou 10k. I was pretty damn excited. Unfortunately, I busted 50th and didn't cash much and I can't even remember the hand I went out on, but for those few minutes while I was going from 72 chips to 10k I was on top of the world. What a great feeling.

In other news, I've pulled all my money off of Partypoker after the news that they're planning to cut off U.S. players after Bush signs this atrocious new law into effect. I plan to continue playing on any site that will allow me to and my Party money will likely go on UB since I'm playing mostly tourneys and SnG's these days anyway. It's a shame to lose Party though, it was my first site and definitely the softest of the ones I played on. Right now it looks like Neteller may be a gray area with this new law, so I'm gonna be patient and wait it out and see how things go. My online roll is only around $1200 anyway, so it's not like I've got huge money to worry about. Like I said, I guess I'll just see where things go from here and hope that I won't get cut off completely from online poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma