Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Last Two Posts from the Goals Thread...

From 1/16/07 (late night)

Put in 1550 hands today at 2/4 and 3/6. Most hands I've ever played in one day. I did it in 2 sessions, the first was 2 hours and about 800 hands. The 2nd was 750 hands and again about 2 hours. I got kinda tilty toward the end when I kept taking monstrous suckouts and eventually decided it was time to quit. Ended the day down about $70 at the tables and one $26 tournament buy-in, but I cleared plenty of rakeback and got plenty of hands in which was the most important thing. I was kinda due to run bad and I really did. I won the blinds with AA several times, yet kept running into and paying off other people's Aces, it was pretty frustrating.

While I'm not sure I could handle playing this many hands every day, I really can't wait to get back on the horse and play again. I just know I'm better off not doing so today.

From 1/17/07 (late night)

So, just when I was thinking that I might be able to pull off playing for a living by basically working for rakeback and winning 1-1.5 BB/100, I sat down tonight and had the worst day of my life. For about 100 hands, every good hand I had ran into a monster and every big hand I had got sucked out on. Then I went on tilt and lost more, I managed to grind back about $50 before quitting multi-tabling at about 400 hands and down like [color="#FF0000"]$320[/color]ish.
Then I decided to try to get some of it back by 1-tabling 5/10 6-max with a short buy-in of $150. That was a mistake. All told, I dropped [color="#FF0000"]$477[/color] today. Roughly 25% of the roll that I'd worked very hard to build up over the past 1.5-2 months. It's depressing, but I'm not crying and I'm not drinking. I know that I need to go back to the drawing board with some discipline and just try to rebuild. I'll be back to playing 2/4 exclusively when I come back in a couple of days, but for now I think my best decision will be to take Thursday and maybe Friday off.
I realize after today's session and my second session yesterday that discipline is the most important thing in poker and especially for me. I need to stick to manageable games and manageable session and I need to stay solidly rolled for what I'm playing. I played 2 tables of 2/4 SH and one of 3/6 SH while I was getting ass-raped and that was too high for the roll I had. I need to stick to 300 BB for FR and 500-600 BB for SH. I'm capable of beating these games for at least 1-1.5 BB/100, but I need to deal with the bad times and make sure to avoid tilt and always play my best. That's all I got for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma