Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Minbet Tourneys and SHLHE

After a really frustrating afternoon on Sunday when I started tilting at 1/2 Full Ring LHE and berating players in the chatbox again, I realized that I wasn't as healed as I thought I was. I took a drive cleared my head and browsed a few poker books at a bookstore. And, it occurred to me that I need to find a way to calm down at the table. I think the biggest realization that I'm coming to is that I need to find a comfort level. If the stakes aren't high enough to keep interested I don't play as well, but if losing is enough to really hurt me, I start tilting when I lose and don't play as well. So, I've decided to quit 1/2 FR for a while and concentrate trying to build my roll other ways. I've been doing pretty well in SnGs since I made my comeback, so I've been playing more of those and I've also started playing some .5/1 6-max LHE. I'm shocked by how different it is than full ring. I've never been comfortable playing shorthanded and I'm still not really that comfortable with it, but the quality of play is so low there right now that I think it could be insanely profitable.

I've got about $500 in my roll at the moment, well on my way to my goal for the month of being at $600 at the end of the month. I also set myself a goal of reaching silver ironman this month and I'm only 7 100 point days away from that. Of course, I've been thinking lately that I'm not sure there's a whole lot of EV in going for ironman because I could end up playing a longer session just to get points and that could end up costing me. Anyhow, I'm still probably going to get there this month, but I'm not sure I'm going to set that as a goal in the future.

In other news, I transferred $11 with an FCPer last night so that I could play the Stud8 Negreanu Open on Stars. Only 13 players played, with the top 3 cashing and while I caught some cards early and was the chipleader for a while, I ended up donking out in 9th. I feel like I played too many hands and of course, couldn't catch when I needed to, but I do feel like I have a major problem in limit tournaments. I've always done well in limit cash games, but never in limit tournarments. I think I start playing too many hands and pressing too much in the tournament format, but I'm not exactly sure what the real problem is. I'll have to reasearch that a little more.

Current Bankroll -

$515.38

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma