Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Goals, Results, and the State of Poker

Let's see...where to start?

January...

January was a good month for me. Up to this point, I've gotten in 9k hands, I wanted to get to 10k, but it didn't really work out that way. I'd play more right now, but there aren't really enough tables going to make it worth my while. Maybe in a little while. I don't have to be at work for 6 hours, so we'll see. Like I said though, it was a good month for me, I made $310 in cash games online and almost another $190 in rakeback. I've got about $1270 in my FullTilt account right now and I achieved the Silver level in the Ironman which was my goal for the month, so all in all, I'm pretty happy with my performance.

February...

My goals for Febuary right now are kinda conservative. It's a short month and I'll be moving towards the end, so 6-8k hands doesn't seem unreasonable. I'd like to play those at mostly 2/4 and 3/6, with a little 1/2 and 2/4 SH mixed in. Monetarily, I'd like to get my FullTilt account to around $1600-$1800. With the current state of online poker payment methods, the money in that account is essential my bankroll now. I really would like to have enough by the end of February that I can feel comfortable playing no lower than 2/4 and playing a ton of hands in March if I need to. Since I've yet to get a job, playing poker for a living starting in March is kind of a fall back plan for me right now. Of course, that requires me to be able to get at my money which I'll touch on in a moment.

The current Neteller fiasco is kind of scaring me a little. I'm lucky to have no money currently on Neteller and it's probably gonna have to stay that way. Unfortunately, this fucks up my plans as I'd planned to have my rakeback deposited on Neteller and withdraw it from there with the Neteller card, which is supposed to be in the mail for me right now. That doesn't look like an option and I really feel bad for all the people with thousands stuck on Neteller right now. I opened an epassporte account and I'm currently awaiting the verification deposits. My hope is that that will go through in the next week or so and I'll be able to get epassporte up and running and use that to withdraw money when I need to. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably try Wirecard, the new payment processor FullTilt is supposed to have set up in Feb. I can always put my rakeback money in my FTP account, but of course that doesn't help me with getting it and that's what I really need right now. The upshot of all this, maybe I should try to get in as many live sessions as humanly possible in Feb.

In January I played live twice and ended up winning $300 in like 16-17 hours. It would be really helpful if I could do something like that again in Feb. For now though, I'm just playing it by ear and hoping things work out well in the next couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma