Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Schooling....or something

About a week ago, I put some money on Pacific Poker thru PokerSourceonline in order to get a free copy of the PokerTracker software. I've played almost the required number of hands now and I've netted a solid loss, and I'm not completely sure why. I recognize that it's probably a combination of bad variance and me playing some hands in a less than optimal fashion. What bothers me about it is to see people pull down huge pots with ridiculous hands like 570. The play on this site is fucking horrendous, meaning that a good player ought to be making a killing. However, I've so far managed to lose the $25 bonus they put in my account to start out and almost another $10 bucks on top of that. It's one of those things that start to make you wonder if there is validity in the idea that too many players to the flop makes it nearly impossible to win. Actually, I don't subscribe to this theory at all, it probably just causes higher variance and I haven't seen anywhere near enough hands yet. That coupled with my impatience when I lose has me bothered it would seem. I guess I'll give Pacific some more time and probably try to poor over some hand histories when I can find some time to see if I can figure out where I'm going wrong and if I'm making mistakes. I did just realize that I haven't been having my draws come in and I've had a couple of big hands like AA get cracked. I just need to deal with the variance and expect to get it back later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma