Life Shouldn't Be A Fuckin' Grind

I will never be a poker pro, but my lifetime poker ledger is positive and I think that's something to be proud of.

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Pacific Experiment

At this point I think I'm ready to call the Pacific experiment a marginal success and get out while the getting is good. I don't like the site very well...you can't multi-table, it doesn't look very good and you can't get hand histoireds very easily. Pretty much three strikes right there. On the plus side, I did get in enough hands to get my free PokerTracker, which I'm pretty excited about. I've managed to download 7K hands from PP and I feel that I'm only starting to scratch the surface of what I can learn about my game. I've also managed to run my Pacifc account back up to about $118, which is a $7 loss after the instant bonus they gave me, but a definite net gain, when you consider that I got PokerTracker for free (a $50 value) and I only deposited $110, so I've got 18 bonus dollars left. The games on there are pretty soft, which I think leads to a little more variance than I'm accustomed to, especially since you can only play one table at a time. So, I may come back sometime down the road when I have a bigger roll, but I think for now I'm pretty much done.

So, I'm looking for another site to do another PSO promotion with and get some free books or something. I really like the idea of doing some bonuswhoring and also trying to get some rakeback. Unfortunately, through my own dumbassery and inexperience I've signed up at way too many poker sites and probably won't be able to get any rakeback on a Party skin (I signed up for Empire ages ago and never used it, and I tried to sign up for a rakeback deal thru Eurobet and screwed it up), this definitely sucks when I see how much rake I've paid and will continue to pay on Party. I'm also somewhat limited in my bonuswhoring by the fact that I've also had accounts at UB, Stars and FullTilt (again missing out on rakeback opportunities). I guess I'm not overly concerned though. Many pros made their fortunes playing live with a much higher rake and no rakeback deal, so while it sucks not to get rakeback, if I'm beating the game, it's not going to kill me.

My current Bankroll: somewhere around $450

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

mesothelioma